|Sun Street Transfer Station & HHW Collection Facility|
139 Sun Street
Salinas, CA 93901
Going South on 101:
Take Market Street ramp. Turn right (west) on East Market Street. Turn left on Sun Street.
Going North on 101:
Take the Market Street Exit. Turn Right (South) on Kern Street. Bear Right onto East Market Street. Turn Left on Sun Street
NEW Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
CLOSED on Sunday and on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- Agricultural waste
- Concrete rubble
- Demolition debris
- Dirt (Clean Fill)
- Recycling-Separated plastic and glass containers, aluminum and paper
- Scrap metal
- Tires (without rims)
- Wood (clean), tree stumps and branches
- Yard waste
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm; Saturdays 8:00am - 4:00pm
No Businesses on Monday; only household
HHW Facility is closed on the following holidays: New Years Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- Paints, thinners
- Cleaners such as bleach, drain openers and toilet cleaners
- Cooking oil/grease
- Fertilizer & other garden chemicals
- Motor oil & filters
- Antifreeze and other auto products
- Household batteries
- Auto batteries
- Aerosol (spray) cans
- Sharps, such as needles, razors and syringes
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Electronic waste, like old TVs, computes and cell phones
- Thermometers, thermostats and other items
HHW Disposal Information:Do not transport more than 15 gallons or 125 pounds of HHW. Bring chemicals in secure containers and do not mix them! Do not bring explosives, radioactive material, drums, medical Waste and unstable chemicals.